BENEFITS OF MEDITATION
Health issues like stress and anxiety are common in our society nowadays. A majority of them depend on meditation to get relief. It is a process of training your mind to focus and redirect your thoughts. Making meditation a part of your habit can keep you healthy, positive, and focused. Many kinds of research have proven the various benefits of meditation. Let’s see a few of the benefits of meditation
- Enhances empathy - It establishes neural connections to brain sites that modulate positive emotions like empathy and kindness. Practicing meditation every day will induce a deep state of flow that makes you a friendly and affectionate person.
- Reduces stress - When a person undergoes difficulties and pressure in his/her life, he/she are subjected to stress. Experiencing threats suddenly activates stress hormones in our body and the autonomic nervous system gets activated, which is responsible for the responses. As per various studies, the stress hormone level of regular meditators is much lower, which makes them strong and resilient.
- Promote emotional health - As per studies, meditation improves self-awareness in a person. Through meditation, you will try to synchronize your body and mind. When you meditate, you get a clear picture of your mind and recognize the thoughts that drive your emotions and actions at the moment. A large-scale study found that practicing meditation regularly decreases the likelihood of developing depression and mood-related disorders. Besides, it also shows that some forms of meditative practices promote positive thinking and can improve the overall emotional health of a person.
- Increases attention - Have you noticed how meditation absorbs you into the moment? When you meditate a mindful awareness comes naturally to you, and you reach a ‘flow’ state where your mind is in complete harmony with your body. A study on the effects of an eight-week mindful meditation course found that people who practice meditation regularly had increased attention and concentration span. Even people who meditated for short durations are found to show increased focus than individuals who did not meditate at all.
- May help fight addictions - The mental discipline developed by practicing meditation may help you crack addictions by boosting your self-control and awareness of triggers for addictive behaviors. Research has shown that meditation may assist people to redirect attention, increase willpower, control impulses and emotions and increase understanding of the causes behind their addiction. Food cravings may also be controlled with meditation practice.
- Reduces anxiety - Reduced stress implicates reduced anxiety. Regular practice of meditation can help to control anxiety. As per researches, the studies in regular meditation practitioners shows reduced symptoms of anxiety disorders, such as social anxiety, paranoid thoughts, phobias, obsessive-compulsive behaviors and panic attacks.
- Generates kindness - There are various types of meditation, among them; a few may particularly increase positive feelings and actions toward yourself and others. Metta, a type of meditation also known as loving-kindness meditation, starts with developing kind thoughts and feelings toward you. Through regular practice, people learn to extend this kindness and forgiveness externally, first to friends, then acquaintances, and ultimately enemies.
Three Seas Meditour is a manufacturer and dealer in the import and export of health products and surgical. We also have an online shopping website where you can find face masks, hand sanitizers, digital thermometers, PPE kits, hand gloves at economical rates. Visit us for your health product requirements and stay healthy and safe.