Stress and anxiety are ordinary humane agents. Because of the busy lifestyles, responsibilities, and challenges we face in life, we tend to get stressed. It can severely affect your body and life. If you can track down your mental and physical abilities and find any symptoms of stress and anxiety, get out of it quickly. Take a break from your normal routine and do something that can keep you positive and motivated. Here are 10 ways to relieve stress and anxiety.
- Laugh - It is a good practice to keep you healthy and energized. It relieves tension by relaxing your muscles. You can watch a funny movie/video. It can change your mood entirely. People do laughing exercises to maintain a healthy and happy life.
- Deep breath - Stress activates the sympathetic nervous system, signaling your body to go into “fight-or-flight” mode. Stress hormones are released as a result and you experience physical symptoms such as quicker breathing, faster heartbeat, and constricted blood vessels. Long breathing exercises can help activate your parasympathetic nervous system, which controls the relaxation response. There are several types of deep breathing exercises, including abdominal breathing, diaphragmatic breathing, belly breathing, and paced respiration. The goal is to make you focus on your breath, making it slower and deeper. When you breathe in deeply through your nose, the lungs fully expand and the belly rises. This in turn slows your heart rate, allowing you to feel more peaceful.
- Exercise - It is a good life practice. Regular exercise can keep you healthy both mentally and physically. Giving physical stress to your body can relieve your mental stress. Studies show that people who exercise regularly are less vulnerable to anxiety and stress factors. It keeps you confident and positive. It doesn’t mean you have to go and hit the gym, you can take a brisk walk or jog or do exercise at your home also. Your body should be active.
- Spend time with friends and family - Spending time with people who are good for your mental health is priceless. You can share your problems with them. You can get engaged in games or any other activities together. Getting support and care from your loved ones can give you confidence and motivation. You will have a sense of belonging and self-worth.
- Light a candle - Burning a scented candle may get you relief from stress and anxiety. You can choose a scent you like. It can take you to a pleasant mood. It will enhance the atmosphere you belong to. This method of using scents to treat our mental state is known as aromatherapy. Studies have shown that it can reduce levels of stress and anxiety and improve your sleep.
- Yoga - It is one of the most preferred stress relievers by people from all age groups. Its main focus is to join the body and mind. It accomplishes this by increasing body and breath awareness. People tend to achieve a peaceful state of mind after practicing yoga. The regular practice of yoga can keep your body healthy, energetic, and flexible.
- Listen to soothing music - Music always plays a vital role in changing our mood. A majority of people tend to listen to songs when they are sad. Soothing music can relax you fully and supply positive energy. It can make you feel relaxed and let you gain control over your emotions. Nature sounds are also very calming and pleasant. Slow-paced instrumental music can induce the relaxation response by lowering blood pressure and heart rate as well as stress hormones.
- Cuddle - Cuddling, kissing, hugging and sex are all stress relievers. Positive physical contact can induce the release of oxytocin and lower cortisol. This in turn helps reduce blood pressure and heart rate, both of which are physical symptoms of stress. Surprisingly, humans aren’t the only animals who cuddle for stress relief. Chimpanzees also cuddle with friends who are stressed to give relief.
- Write it down - Writing things down is a method of relieving stress. You can write down things you feel grateful for which can let you bring more happiness. Gratitude helps relieve stress and anxiety by focusing your thoughts on positive factors of your life. You can write down your difficulties or challenges to feel relieved and find out ways to overcome that.
- Learn to say no - You can feel stressed because of various reasons. Out of which, few are in your control. If you find something is causing you stress and you can control it, go ahead and act accordingly. Always do what you like, listen to your mind. You are the one who knows your capabilities. So, don’t let someone else pressurize you. Say no wherever it is necessary.
Three Seas Meditour is a manufacturer and dealer in the import and export of health products and surgical. We also have an online shopping website where you can find face masks, hand sanitizers, digital thermometers, PPE kits, hand gloves at economical rates. Visit us for your health product requirements and stay healthy and safe