Depression is a rising epidemic in this generation. Contrary to people’s beliefs it is not such an insignificant illness. It is a growing problem in children as well adults alike. 90% of all suicides have been due to suffering clinical depression for months. Depression is caused by a combination of genetic, biological, environmental, and psychological factors. There are several different types of depression but each reaching to the same output.
- Loss of Appetite
- Difficulty sleeping
- Moving or talking more slowly
- Feelings of hopelessness, or pessimism
- Persistently sad,
- Thoughts of death or suicide, or suicide attempts
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, or helplessness
- Decreased energy or fatigue
- Easily Irritable
- Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities
Most people suffering from this might not even be aware of it, If your close ones keep repeating that you have changed for the worse, do not renounce their words lightly or if you feel that your friend might be the one in this dilemma kindly approach him/her with the best of intentions to assist them. They will be extremely reluctant to head any sort of advice or counseling but it is up to you to convince them otherwise. The few simple steps that you can have them perform include
- Spending quality time with your loved ones
- Avoid isolation
- Postpone life changing decisions
- Stay Active
- Continue to educate yourself about depression.
Avoid anti-depressants in general. Unless a medical professional has approved them, it is unwise to have any sort of medication as it causes permanent side effects in the foreseeable future.