Flu spreads easily from person to person. Getting a flu vaccine is the healthiest way of protecting yourself and others from the flu. In this article, we will share a few steps to protect you from the flu.
- Do not go neat the people who are sick with the flu.
- You should stay home for at least 24 hours if you have the flu, until it passes.
- You should cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough and sneeze, regardless of you having the flu or not. Dispose of the tissue as well.
- Use soap and water to wash your hands often. Using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer is beneficial if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth or eyes. This will reduce the germs from spreading.
- Clean the surfaces and objects with hot and soapy water as they may have flu germs on them, for instance, doorknobs.
The above-mentioned facts add to the increasing influx of tourists who aim for medical tourism in Kerala, where one of the first steps to be implemented is the use of medical disposables like probe covers into the health care system.