Medical tourism is popular for a wide variety of reasons. Today let us check some of the most prominent reasons.
• Low Cost Surgery: One of the biggest reasons why people from all over the world flock towards India is because of the fact that surgeries in India are extremely less costly when compared to the same procedure done in other first and second world countries.
• Health Care Facilities: India is renowned for its effective professionals who cater to the needs of the patient. Several medical institutions are renowned worldwide for their treatments.
• Skilled Practitioners: Being the second most populated country in the world also has its benefits as there are several skilled professionals, not just limited to the doctors but all the associated staff are well versed in the English language and etiquettes.
• Geographical Importance: There is little to no doubt when you say that India is one of the must-see destinations in the world and therefore you have the added benefit of having a vacation here as well.
• Alternate Medicine: Kerala, in particular, is renowned for various Ayurvedic treatments that have shown benefits for several ailments and many prefer these alternate medical practices.
The proficient understanding of the above-mentioned facts add to the increasing influx of tourists that aim for medical tourism in Kerala and one of the very first steps that need to be implemented is the use of medical disposables such as probe covers into the general system of health care.